Who can join
Veterinarian and veterinary students as stipulated below are eligible to apply for membership of the Sri Lanka Veterinary Association. Please refer the constitution of SLVA for details.
- Any Veterinarian holding a degree in Veterinary Science from an approved Veterinary Institution is eligible to be a Member of the Association. However, members who are Intern Veterinary Officers will not be eligible to vote or hold office.
- Any person undergoing a course of training in Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science at the University of Peradeniya and has completed the second Examination for the Degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Science, shall be eligible to be a Student member of the Association.
Why join SLVA
Being a member of the national association representing veterinary profession in Sri Lanka you can receive tangible membership benefits that can help you in your professional and personal life.
Some benefits includes:
- Enhance your knowledge and carrier through our CPD programme and publications
- Free access to electronic veterinary resources to keep you updated
- Promote and support scientific investigations and research through SLVA scientific sessions and fellowships
- Advertise your practice/business through our searchable online veterinarian directory
- Offering legal and other advises to protect you and your business/practice
- Setting standards for veterinary practice and veterinary education
- Keep you updated on the current developments through our RSS feed
- Join your colleagues in moderated discussions on all aspects of veterinary practice through SLVA blog
SLVA offers three main membership categories.
- Ordinary Member
- Life Member
- Student Member
In addition to these main membership categories SLVA offer overseas life membership, honorary life membership, honorary fellow and visiting membership under special circumstances (please refer the constitution of SLVA).
How to join SLVA
- Select and print the appropriate member application form
- Complete the application
- Mail or fax the completed application, payment and any additional required information to:
SRI LANKA VETERINARY ASSOCIATION
275/75, OPA Building,
Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha,
Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.
Download Membership Form - Page 1 / Page 2